Musa Khawula’s murder trial stalled
The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has clarified why controversial celebrity blogger Musa Khawula has not yet gone on trial for the alleged murder of his former boyfriend in the Western Cape.
Although a warrant for Khawula’s arrest was authorised by the Vredenburg Magistrates Court in late 2025 after he failed to appear, it has not been executed.
According to NPA spokesperson Eric Ntabazalila, the delay is largely due to Khawula’s ongoing legal troubles in Gauteng.
Khawula was arrested earlier in 2025 on a separate attempted murder charge linked to an incident at Mponeng Mine on 20 February 2021.
He was later released, but he remains embroiled in multiple criminal matters.
Speaking to Daily Sun on Wednesday, 18 February 2026, Ntabazalila confirmed that the warrant in the Western Cape is still active but has yet to be carried out.
“The NPA can confirm that a warrant was authorised for the accused to be arrested, but that warrant of arrest must still be executed,” he said.
Ntabazalila explained that executing the warrant now would create logistical challenges, as Khawula would need to be transported back and forth between Gauteng and Vredenburg while his matters in both provinces are ongoing.
“There’s no definite date. His Gauteng matter complicates the situation as the accused will have to be transported between Vredenburg and Gauteng the whole time,” he said.
He added that prosecutors in the Western Cape are of the view that the Gauteng case should be concluded before Khawula is brought to Vredenburg to answer to the murder charge.
“The senior public prosecutor of Vredenburg has suggested that his Gauteng matter be finalised first before he is sent down to respond to the charges he is facing in Vredenburg,” Ntabazalila said.
#NPA #breaks #silence #Musa #Khawula #murder #case #delay #unexecuted #warrant